Thursday, December 12, 2013

Yours, Ours 02/08/2011

Osman Kaplan, who is one of the second generation of migrants came with Turk-Greece population exchange, is also known as Fisher Osman or Kurdo Osman. It has been long time he quit drinking. He prays too much now. It was midday times. He was praying. A tactless person came up to him.


-May Allah accept your pray, Osman. 
-May god bless you.
-There is Murat İzmirian among yours (Romans). I rented my house to him. I want to evict him now. But he doesn't accept to go.

Osman was so angry. He would almost swear. But he remembered that they were in a mosque.

-God didn't seperate humanity as yours and ours. May God give patient to ours and yours.

***

I was speaking with my friends. Birol said suddenly:

-You are Gypsy, you are half-human.

I felt terrible at the moment. Was this man the one with who i shared my bread? I couldn't control myself. I started to swear him. I have never spoken with him after that time.

***

One day a man filled his lighter with gas. He paid ten lira. Roman Ertan who fills lighters prepared remainder of money with fractional money. The man asked?

-What is this? Are you giving me Gypsy money?

Ertan got crazy. He turned gas off from the lighter.

-Look, "Turkish Lira" is written on the money you defined as Gypsy money. I am bored with expressions you humiliated us. "Gypsy borrow: Ragged borrows". "Gypsy camp: unclean places". You still use these expressions and discriminate Roman society with these words.

People with this discriminative mentality won't be succesfull. We are also Turkish citizens like the others. The ones who accept themselves as superior to equal people will understand realities with force of free Gypsies. We are founder elements of this country either you see or ignore.

It's a pitty that Goncos, even the ones who we believe to be more sincere comparing to the others, hostile us...

No comments:

Post a Comment